Welcome to Butterfield Acres Farm! Calgary’s BEST Farmyard!
We are now CLOSED for visitors to the farm till April 1st 2022.
BUT, of course….we still bring animals out to see you all during the winter months…playing by existing covid rules of course!
Nativity animals (real, live animals!!!) needed? We’ve got them! And fencing… add some special ‘comfort and joy’ to your Christmas program this year!
We are always able to bring animals out TO you at home. You can book a MINI farm, or UNICORN rides! Check out our We-Come-To- You tab at the top of this web page.
Mandatory restriction – Updated October 5
Indoor social gatherings
- Vaccinated: Indoor private social gatherings are limited to 2 households (yours plus one other) up to a maximum of 10 vaccine-eligible, vaccinated people and no restrictions on children under 12.
- Unvaccinated: Indoor social gatherings are not permitted for vaccine-eligible people who are unvaccinated.
- This restriction does not apply to mutual support groups, or to workers who need to access your home to provide caregiving support or home repairs and maintenance.
Outdoor social gatherings
- Outdoor private social gatherings limited to a maximum of 20 people, with 2 metre physical distancing between households at all times.
Mandatory restriction – Effective Sept. 16
- Capacity limited to 1/3 fire code occupancy.
- Masks are mandatory.
- 2 metres physical distancing between households, or 2 close contacts for those living alone.
We are OUTDOORS in the FRESH AIR, so we’ve got minimal restrictions AS LONG AS everyone is smart about social distancing and handwashing, both BEFORE and AFTER touching the animals.
Masks are required only for PONY RIDES (riders over 2 and the walk-along-beside parent) because we can’t social distance.
If you are doing a MINI and a stringent 6′ social distance is not highly predictable (as in one family cohort at a time in the pen), we will need everyone to courteously wear masks while in the MINI pen. Our staff will also be wearing a mask.
If you love animals, here are some other things to think about!
For all the latest ideas for fun and goings on at Butterfield Acres, keep an eye on our social media… we have all the usual: Instagram, Face Book, and we have a newsletter (the Grazette). Lots of cute baby pics and video clips. If you’ve got any cute ones you’d love to share, send them along to us for consideration…. we love to see the talent in our ‘farmily’!