About the Farm
At a Butterfield Acres, there’s so much to do! Hmmm, let’s see…
Lots of different farm animals.
Visit many right IN their pens or thru the fence for the bigger ones! Bring your family, friends, or Birthday Party! Farm fun is always better when you’re with your favourite people!
- Feed the critters with some cones from the Chop ‘n Cones barn
- Let the piglets chew your shoelaces
- Hee-haw with the donkeys
- Try to make a sound like a mule
- Little chicks… how cute
- Make a noise like a carrot… best way to get a bunny to love you
- Can you get the turkeys to gobble back to you?
- Have you ever milked a goat? Come on over and give it a try*
- Hmmm, what’s an emu?
- Learn some good animal jokes
- Hunt for freshly laid eggs
- Play on the goat bridge
- Pose for a goofy picture
- Have a picnic in one of our shaded parks
- Great place for your next Birthday Party or Family reunion
- Have a warm snack on a cool day
- Come for a Pumpkin Hunt in the Fall
- Book a fire pit and roast some hot dogs
- Get tickets for our Legendary Easter Hunt
- Explore Nursery Rhyme Park
- Stilts… they can’t be that difficult, can they?
- Climb on an old tractor
- Make the summer perfect! Day Camps for 3-14 yr olds
- Ride over the hills and through the woods on a tractor-pulled wagon!*
- Have a cool snack on a warm day
- Children under 60lb can go for a pony ride**
* Specific times for each day posted at Admissions
** See Hours and Admission for details
Best seasons to visit
Things on the farm change with the seasons… you’ll never experience the same visit twice! See the spring babies, have a blast at Summer Day Camps or join us for a Pumpkin Hunt in the Fall.
We close between November and March for on-site activities BUT animals are still available to come to see you (YEAR ROUND!), then it’s time for Easter Hunts in the Spring… and we start all over again!
Best times of the day to visit
Between April and September, there are specific times during the day when young folks (under 60lb) can ride on the pony, or milk a goat or go for a wagon ride.
Plan your visit to include any activities that you’re interested in!
Plan for a picnic
There are several picnic areas to enjoy a packed lunch and an on-site concession called Gobbles and Gulps where treats and drinks can be purchased.
What should I wear?
Start out right by packing appropriate gear for the weather (hats, sunscreen). Consider wearing an older pair of shoes and older clothes….HAY, IT IS A WORKING FARM after all!!
Hand Washing Stations
Wheelchair/Disability Access to most areas with Assistant
(we do not have paved pathways and the terrain is slightly hilly)
Gobbles and Gulps Snack Concession
“Gobbles and Gulps” is located where you pay admission and you can expect a friendly staff member to answer all of your questions. It’s where you can buy a variety of Souvenirs and farm memorabilia such as brightly colored T-shirts and earrings, stuffed farm animals, and where you can purchase instant cameras and film to catch those priceless moments!
“Gobbles and Gulps” is also a food concession where you can buy a hot coffee or a cold space popsicle, popcorn, juice, and all the usual snacks. Be sure to drop in for a “Gobble” (something to eat) or a “Gulp” (a drink)
“Gobbles and Gulps” Hours:
Open 10am to 4pm daily in July and August.
Open 10am to 4 pm weekends only, in April, May, June, September, and October.
On weekdays, during business hours just ask at the office across the way and we can help you with any drinks or snacks!
Amazing Animal Experiences! Kids and Animals Connecting!
Butterfield Acres is a great place for everyone to visit but especially good for Grandparents to spend quality time with their Grandkids!
Need Birthday or Gift Ideas? We believe ‘experiences’ can be the best gifts of all! Try a Season Pass (we’d be pleased to personalize it for you!) Gift Certificates toward Day Camps this Summer, or for a Birthday Pony (or other animals) to come to YOUR house. We’ve got cute farm T-shirts and many other “farmy” items such as mugs, and adorable stuffed farm animals too!!
We accept Visa, Mastercard, Debit and Cash. Sorry no personal cheques.
Information we gather in the administration of our programs at Butterfield Acres is used solely for the administration of our programs. We do not ever sell, rent, trade. or otherwise share your personal information.
Fees for our programs and services are refunded ONLY if Butterfield Acres must cancel due to low registration or low sales volume. Otherwise, fees are not refundable. Our programs run regardless of weather. One exception is Birthday Party Packages. With 14 days notice, Birthday Party Packages may be refunded less a 20% administration fee.