a program which develops personal skills which are a big leg-up for 13-17 year olds wishing to eventually be employed here at the Butterfield Acres!
We are currently accepting applications for the 2017 Junior Leadership Development Program. We will be filling 6 JLDP positions in February/March, 6 more in Mar/April. Varied commitments required through the spring (just might include bottle feeding babies!), more through the summer/fall.
Are you 13-17 years of age? Would you like to develop skills and character through experiences with animals? and children? wonderful mentors? Do you enjoy being in a fast-paced environment with other people who are passionate about what they do? Then the Butterfield Acres Junior Leadership Development Program could be for you!!!
You'll have fun, learn lots.
Sound like something you would like to do? Here's a little more info...
- opportunities to discover your strengths and talents !
- gain self-confidence with many new animal and people skills !
- learn about animals and human-animal connections through first-hand, hands-on experience with a variety of farm activities!
- be part of a great team of Farm Hands!
- choose from a variety of opportunities, time commitments,choices and experiences
- this is the natural next step in our programming for those who have successfully negotiated our Farmers-in-Training Day Camp level
- limited number of openings each year
Where does this program lead?
We choose the bulk of our new young staff from participants in this Junior Leader Development Program. Before you can be considered for actual employment with us, you must have reached your 15th birthday, but as a stepping stone, this program gives you valuable farm experiences and useful life skills that let your light shine and can give you a leg up. We carefully consider JLDP recommendations and feedback from our Senior Leaders (mentors) and other existing staff members when we choose new people to join our staff. Those who do join our staff can expect to continue growing and learning (that never stops around here!), and eventually, if you're really doing well, you'll be given opportunities to step into Senior roles yourself where you'll be mentoring, teaching and leading farm experiences yourself!!
So, let me fill in the application form! You'll find more details and information as you proceed.
Top of Page